- Examines mobility and infrastructure conditions for 2015, 2019 and 2035 to give a near-term as well as a longer-term view.
- Recommends an overarching set of action principles to be used in making transportation project selections.
- Identifies a number of low-cost strategies that can be used to address the challenges.
- Estimates current infrastructure and mobility trends.
- Lists revenue options and the funding that each approach might generate.
How the 2011 Report Differs from the 2009 Report
- Updates costs and transportation system conditions to 2035.
- Describes the very real choices that Texas and Texans face over the next 25 years and the options for improving their transportation.
- Develops new scenarios to illustrate the effect of not adopting new policies or funding programs.
- Emphasizes the importance of pavement maintenance.
- Focuses on remedies for deficient bridges.
- Uses updated regional estimates of funding and congestion levels.
- Incorporates the recent congestion decline in most urban regions.
- Includes an estimate of revenue projections for current policies.
- Calculates the gap between likely funding and the amount required to meet a range of goal conditions.